Friday 23 March 2012

Androgynous: Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior.

Sorry I haven't blogged for a week or so. My time has been taken up, trying to organise my life. I've been incredibly inspired and motivated over the past few days, I feel like it's the right time to utilise this and try to work on my career. I adore make-up, I also adore fashion, and I've found I have quite an eye for detail (shit, sorry this is starting to sound like a job application)...

Anyway, I've been window shopping, lusting over some new interview clothes. Your clothes are the first thing an employer notices (that and your smile), it's like a window into your personality... I've interviewed just for shop jobs before and I've seen people turn up in denim shorts and converse. I prefer to look polished, smart and chic. It sounds ridiculously pretentious, but you want your potential employer to think you're serious about the role and that you made that special effort just for them.

This gorgeous little Jacquard blazer has beautiful detailing.
One of my favourites from Zara. View HERE


Love this Zara top. View HERE


These metallic trousers from Topshop can look incredible
teamed with black. Simple, effective and uber stylish. View HERE

This Zara dress looks best with stilletos and a statement necklace
View HERE
LOVE peplum tops. This one from Mango is so flattering.
View HERE

Such a sexy pair of Zara trousers. View HERE

I probably wouldn't wear heels higher than 4inches to an
interview. These are perfect. View HERE

I fell in love with this jacket from Topshop
View HERE
Get on my feet now! Gorgeous smart. sexy shoes from Zara
View HERE
Simple gold bangles from Mango View HERE

Last but not least, a gorgeous statement ring from Mango
View HERE


So here a just a few bits and bobs, it's a bit androgynous, but I love that whole look. It'd be perfect for anything from interviews to meetings or a day in the office. Make an amazing impression and don't forget to stay true to your style and be yourself! You can't go wrong.

XXX

6 comments:

  1. I am happy to join your blog and follow you.Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Mango ring. I tend to stick to fairly girly dresses and tops for work but I'd definitely like to start introducing more androgynous pieces into my work wardrobe, would liven it up a bit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The androgynous look can be so nice win done right. Love your lil selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Zara heels!
    x
    polway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! i'm just found your blog..nice! new follower :)

    http://preciouslovestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you please check out http://flourishblogs.blogspot.co.uk/ - newly blogging and in need of an audience!xx

    ReplyDelete